I’m going to keep this post really short and sweet, not gonna lie. Partially because there’s only so much you can say about a Christmas film list and partially because I am cream crackered from work. I still have soooo much to do and I don’t feel prepared for Christmas! But, I’m hoping to just whack on a few Christmas films to have on in the background whilst I do the bits I need to do! Hopefully it’ll help.
What are my must watch Christmas films this year?
- The Grinch Who Stole Christmas – Absolutely L.O.V.E this film. It’s definitely one of my all time favourites and so quotable.
- Elf – Because who doesn’t love Elf right? I laugh every time I watch this. It’s one of those Christmas films that never gets old.
- Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer – I’m not sure if many people actually know about this film but it is AMAZING. We used to watch it all the time when I was little and it makes me super nostalgic.
- Love Actually – Because if you can’t suddenly play the drums like a pro at that age and get the girl, when can you? Also, it’s just one of those classics isn’t it?
- Christmas with the Kranks – This film has me in stitches y’know. I find the whole thing just so comedic.
- A Christmas Carol – Whether it’s the Muppets, Disney(animated) or the Jim Carrey version, I love this film so much. The book as well. I remember reading it at a really young age and then falling in love with the film adaptations of it. A must watch.
- The Polar Express – Again, another film I adore. I love the whole process behind this.
- The Nightmare before Christmas – Can I take it? I am anyway. Since the whole idea of this film is Jack bringing Christmas to Halloweentown. This is one of those films that will go on for a longggg time. People love it so much.
- The Santa Clause – I used to watch this film so much when I was younger. I loved it, I’ve not watched it for a couple years so this is definitely on my ‘watch list’ this Christmas!
- The Holiday – Aww, now I love this film. Some people hate it but I loveee it. It’s not a cast I would expect to work together – with the likes of Jack Black, Jude Law, Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz but y’know what? It works!
Now, I know there’ll be someone saying, ‘Well, what about Home Alone? And Miracle on 34th Street?’ *Ahem* confession time. I’ve never seen Home Alone and I don’t plan to either. It’s one of those films that just massively piss me off whenever I hear people talk about it. Sorry not sorry. I just don’t get the story line and it just seems a bit meh to be honest. As for Miracle on 34th Street, I don’t remember the last time I watched it but it’s one I want to watch again so who knows?!
What’s your must watch Christmas films this festive season?! Let me know in the comments below!
Make sure you check out Blogmas Day Twenty Two, all about what I’ve learnt in 2017!