Today, I am 23 years old… or should I say 23 years young? When you get another year older, you don’t feel any different. Should I have woken up and found my first grey hair? Should I begin a midlife crisis now? Who knows!
If you know me, you know I really like to ‘celebrate my birthday’ I throw the whole birthday eve, birthday day and birthday boxing day shenanigans. I really go to town on it, purely so that Kayne has to give me his undivided attention. This doesn’t always work though! I was debating whether or not to do this post but Sarah – or Saloca as I always call her – from Saloca in Wonderland (who FYI is an absolute babe) said I should go for it and kindly gave me some inspo! You can check out her most recent birthday post here!
So here goes, 23 things I’ve learnt on my 23rd birthday:
- You don’t wake up feeling any different.
- My early twenties so far are going fantastic – I’m engaged to my childhood sweetheart, on the property ladder in a gorgeous home, a manager and planning a wedding!
- My makeup skills have definitely improved over the years.
- Cauliflower and suede are still not my bae.
- University was good but I’m glad it’s over and a closed chapter now.
- My hangovers just get worse.
- There is more to life than social media.
- Friendships end and that’s ok.
- Naps are still one of the greatest things in the world.
- I’m so glad I started a blog.
- I still can’t use scissors properly.
- I’m still gullible asf.
- It’s still totally acceptable to have a pj and duvet day.
- Organising my life with a journal helps.
- Despite what I said in 7 – Whatsapp group chats are lifesavers sometimes.
- Paying bills suck.
- Adulting is hard but it’s fun at the same time.
- Cut the cord on toxic people.
- Do something different – even if it scares the hell out of you.
- Put yourself first. Your state of mind and wellbeing is the most important.
- Tell your family you love them more and that you appreciate them. You never know what’s around the corner.
- Being spontaneous is fun.
- Nobody likes you when you’re 23.
I hope someone gets the reference of number 23… Last year I sang Taylor Swift – 22 all day. This year it’s Blink 182 – which I’m pretty happy about singing not gonna lie.
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it! Be sure to check out my other social media pages & blog posts! Thanks again,